Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Whip it or Skip it?


I am looking forward to this movie... I am planning to see it on Sunday. I bet Roller Derby is good exercise. I bet they wouldn't sit on the sidelines because their thighs hurt.

If you haven't already guessed I am sore today... either from Tabata or the Tabata/Zumba combo I tried yesterday. I am avoiding getting into a sitting position because I know it will ache to get back up. Tomorrow morning I am planning on running (probably with some walking too) 4 miles and right now I am wondering if that is a good idea. What do you do when you are sore from working out? Do you push it through the next workout anyway or do you take an extra day to rest your muscles? So what would you do? Whip it or Skip it?

6 comments:

  1. Girl, I feel your pain. I am a WHIP IT girl myself. I rarely rest but it does help sometimes. I push through and then soak my sore ass in a bath with tea salts. Not sure how much it helps but I do feel accomplished and smell nice when I am done.

    What is Tabata? Is it like Zumba? I "heart" Zumba - even did it tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHIP IT!

    Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness is not an excuse to skip it. You may have to start slower or stay slower, but the fact is that unless you are injured.. WHIP IT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hair of the dog. I do what I was gonna do, but I go gently.

    I heart Zumba too. I don't think I can make it today. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in the same predictament! I am sooo sore from all of the running, but once I get going again the pain just seems to go away. I am not saying it feels good when I first start, but it starts to get better as time goes on! I would say you need to Whip It!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really want to see that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whip It - both the exercise and the movie! When I am really sore, working out helps get the muscles stretched out and warmed up. And I can't wait to see the movie - it looks great!

    ReplyDelete