Thursday, September 10, 2009

Birthday Thanks


Happy Birthday to me
my cake is fat-free.
My clothes are all baggy
get me a shopping spree.

Today is my birthday and since I accomplished my birthday goal weeks ago I am feeling pretty darn good about myself. So I started poking around some of your blogs and I just have to say it... I love you guys! Not in a I-am-watching-you-through-the-window kind of way but in a hand-me-a-drink-I-want-to-make-a-toast kind of way. You guys are awesome and awe inspiring! I don't know how many times I have been reading a blog and said "I want to try that" or "I want to do that" or "I want to be just like that." From "South Beach Steve" and his Tabata to "AM I Really That Fat" and her Zumba class . From "A Forty-somethings Weight Loss Journey" shopping for size 10 pants to "Fat-Free Me" running a 10K. BTW, I am going to try a Zumba class next week and I just downloaded some Tabata songs.


I feel so motivated by all your stories and success. Of course I also love your posts when they are about how frustrating it is to have the same number appear on the scale every week and how difficult it is to get through the parties and cravings. I can relate and it makes me feel less odd to know I am not the only one.

Thanks to everyone... maybe I could do it without you but I don't really want to find out because I am having too much fun reading all your posts.

7 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!!! Now go have a slice of that fat free cake and celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, happy birthday! I hope you have a wonderful celebration!!!

    Thank you so much for your kind words - it really means a lot to me, that something I wrote has has inspired you! Soon, you will be shopping in the "I can't believe I'm really here" section of the store, and I will celebrate with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, talk about inspiring, look at you. Wow! Great job and happy birthday. You should be feeling REALLY good about yourself!!

    I totally love Zumba too. I like turbo kickboxing more but Zumba is super fun. Let us know how you like it.

    Cheers to you friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

    Thanks for the link - I love the Tabata workout. I am anxious to see what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, tell us about the Tabata. If it's like what I did yesterday in Pilates/Yoga, I will be cybernetically shaking your hand. Tough stuff! Steve always had my respect, of course, but now I am in awe.

    I'm going to try to fit in another Zumba! today. Kickboxing sounds cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel the same way about all the inspirational blogs out there too, happy birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete