Sunday, September 6, 2009

Week 9

Today was another weigh-in day... 233 pounds, a 3.2 pound loss from last week and a 31 pound loss total. I made the 30 pounds lost mark! Yippee!

A happy start to the day although it was a slow start to the day.

This morning I was less than ambitious when I opened my eyes and saw 6:30 in red illuminated numbers on my alarm clock. I was supposed to get up and run by 7:00 o'clock but that didn't really seem all that appealing as I laid curled up and cozy under my comforter. I did some quick reasoning with myself trying to think as many reasons as possible why it was acceptable, even preferable to stay in bed and have a lazy Sunday morning. Well let me just say it wasn't a hard sell and I drifted off to sleep promising myself that whatever time it was that I finally got out of bed I would run. The next time I opened my eyes the clock was telling me it was 9:00... ok that's late. I got out of bed and feed the cats and did my weigh in and checked my email and on and on. By the time I put on my running shoes it was almost 10:00. As is typically the case there was a price to pay for my procrastination. The sun was high in the sky and with was getting warm outside, I hate running when it's hot. There was quite a bit of traffic especially at the park I run through (when I run early I typically have the place to myself), I hate waiting for traffic at the corners. There were people everywhere, walking dogs, kids on bikes, and couples out for a stroll, I really prefer the solitude of morning runs. I will have to remember how much nicer it is to run early the next time I don't want to get out of bed.

8 comments:

  1. 30 pounds is a whole lot of weight! I agree with the running early - that makes for a more relaxing time. Then you don't have to worry that someone is going to run you off the road!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, big congratulations for hitting the 30 pound mark! You are doing so well with your weight loss!!!

    As for running - yeah, I can see where it would be better earlier in the day...but sometimes you just have to sleep in! Good job still getting that run in, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo-hoo! Losing more than 30lbs is fantastic - and sometimes a bit of extra sleep is needed, especially while doing a lot of extra exercise.

    At least you got it in in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on hitting the 30 pound mark - that is substantial! Also congratulations on pushing right through and exercising this morning, even though it would have been just as easy to talk yourself out of it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! What a great accomplishment! You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 30 pounds is tremendous! Kudos on the run-- you got out there, all that counts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found you from 'Am I Really That Fat' and wanted to say 'hi'. It looks like we are travelling very similar paths in this journey so I will be poking my head back in here to see how you're doing. Congrats on the 3.2 pound loss... you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you write. I can see myself saying and feeling alot of the things you do.
    Congrats on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete