Saturday, September 19, 2009

Bloggers block

Is that a real thing? I am not sure but this week I just haven't had much to say. I considered writing about eating, but I only got a sentence out before running out of things to say. I started writing about "triggers" but didn't get past the title. I thought about writing several other things but nothing that I could get out of my head and into a Google Document. What do you write about when you have nothing to write about?

So today (while attempting to stay awake during a very boring night at work) I figured I would just sit down and start writing and not worry about where I end up.

Hmmm... did you know it's talk like a pirate day?

Hmmm... I sometimes think I want a different job.

Hmmm... I would like to travel for a full year. Is that crazy?

Sometimes I think I like change too much. I like my job and I like being close to my family but I always get this itch to change things... move to a new city, start a new job, make a new friend, get a new style. Then I say to myself... "Hey self! You're an adult now it's time to settle into a job and plan for your future."

That's probably a good idea.

3 comments:

  1. Yaaar, I did know it was talk like a pirate day - the kid in me loves it!

    Hey, I want a different job - we could be twinsies on that one.

    And I am totally with you on the liking change - once I get to know what to do and how to do it well, I get bored with my jobs and want to quit. Which is, along with some other details relating to my old boss leaving, why I want to leave now. I don't think that just because we're adults, we necessarily have to stay in the same place - shoot, I'd love it if my husband had a major job change and we had to move.

    Oh, and regarding "blogger's block" - I find that went I'm sole writing for myself, I don't have it...it's when I try to be interesting (try is the key word, lol!), I have a hard time coming up with something good. So blog away on whatever YOU are into! I love reading what you have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "when" I'm solely writing for myself, not "went" - proofreading is your friend, Shelley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh geez, I forgot to Talk Like a Pirate. As for change, *you're* changing. That's a start, right?

    ReplyDelete