Saturday, July 25, 2009

Thank you Endorphins

Back at work this weekend and all night I kept thinking to myself... I will be way too tired to do the Couch to 5K in morning. I surprised myself when I rode my bike home from work I felt invigorated (don't you just love endorphins?). So I put on my running shoes and took the short walk to my favorite path. I have a couple more days for week two and then on to week three. It's still difficult for me to believe that I will be able to run for 20 or 30 minutes at a stretch but I will be testing myself in the upcoming weeks. I don't think I have ever (never in my life) run for 20 minutes without stopping. I remember doing the "fitness test" in junior high gym class our perky, blond, and athlete coach timing us as we ran around the track four times. My method of making it the full mile was to walk about 3/4 of laps. I am pretty sure I got lapped at least once, probably twice.

Weigh in day is tomorrow morning. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Seriously, you will be surprised at how well the programme is designed. I find it a challenge every week to see how much further I can go. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's okay to be lapped!! It happened to me all the time. The weigh-in will go great I bet!

    ReplyDelete