Friday, August 14, 2009

Staples

I went to see the movie Julie and Julia last night and have been thinking a lot about food today... that's a dangerous movie to see while you are trying to diet (lots of butter). I started thinking about how my "staple" foods have changed over the past few weeks. You know what I mean by "staples" right? Those things you must buy when you do your grocery shopping. You seldom forget a staple but when you do you take a trip back to the grocery store to pick it up, it is just that important. Before my staples consisted of cheeses (sharp cheddar and feta being my favorites), soda, pizza, pasta, nacho chips, cheese dip, and of course a variety of sweets. I haven't bought any of these things in over a month, but I have a group of new staples. Foods that are both healthy and so delicious I love to eat them.

My new staples list:
Boca burgers (have I mentioned I haven't eaten meat in 9 years)
Low-fat laughing cow soft cheese (only 35 calories a wedge)
10 calorie Vitamin Water (I heard these aren't great for me but I love them and they help curb my soda cravings)
Whole Wheat bread
Smart ones Lasagna Florentine (for quick lunch at work)
Lean Cuisine Margherita Pizza (for quick lunch at work)
salsa
egg beaters
fresh fruit
fresh veggies

Much like Julia Child, I love to eat so I am glad I have found foods that I love.

Also... I went to Barnes and Noble today (I could spend all day in that store). Wandering through the DVD's I found Jillian Micheal's "30 Day Shred" for 50% off (not including my membership discount... giddy laughter). So I got it. I am going to try it for 30 days but I won't start until I get back from my vaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment