Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Scale nightmares


I am back in the Midwest after spending ten days on the Pacific coast (see photo of the Pacific Ocean at Third Beach). I would say I did ok on my diet... not great, but ok. In restaurants I ordered the food that was the healthiest, asking for salads as a substitute for fries, nixing the cheese on omelets and the mayo on sandwiches. I didn't eat any sweets or fried foods. However, I still had a feeling that I was going to gain some weight because I did have some potato salad and a couple other salads that were mayo based and I have been trying to avoid oil and mayo lately. My aunt made such great breakfasts, lunches and dinners including panacakes, muffins and creamy salads. I was definetly eating more than I had been in the past six weeks. I started getting concerned about the scale the last two days of my trip, so much so that I had dreams about getting on the scale both nights. They involved getting on the scale and realizing I had regained all the weight I lost or weighing more. These dreams may have had more of an impact than I thought because I was somewhat afraid to step on the scale this morning. My hands were even shaking a bit. I knew it wouldn't be as bad as my scale nightmares but I was still nervous. I finally bit the bullet and hopped on the scale, and I did gain a little weight I am at 139.0... that is a 1.2 pound gain over ten days ago. I guess I still have a lot to learn about eating healthy at restaurants, but I am sure I can loss that in no time.

2 comments:

  1. Shoot, a 1.2 pound gain after a 10 day vacation is nothing short of a miracle in my book - you did great, lady!!! That little pound will be gone in no time - and you got to enjoy your aunt's cooking and restaurant food - I call this one a win-win situation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shucks, that's nothing. Don't sweat it.

    I was up a bit after my week away but it's gone again.

    ReplyDelete