Saturday, August 8, 2009

441

441. That was the number pinned to my shirt when I ran my first 5K. Ok... so I didn't so much run a 5K as I did run and then walk and then run and then walk (ok I think you get the picture) but I finished. My niece and nephew both took first place in their respective age groups and I am so proud of them. My younger sister, who was also running for the first time, kept saying she felt bad about slowing me down. Can you believe it? Someone is slowing me down! Just a couple weeks ago I couldn't run a block and now I am running for 10-20 minutes at a time. When we got done with the race I told her about the couch to 5K and I put the podcasts on her ipod for her. I hope she likes it as much as I do. Tomorrow is my weigh in day so I will posting again soon.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Well done you! That was how I did my 5K, walk-run-walk-run, but it was good to complete it. Very empowering! Hope you do another one soon.

    Just read your post about your new iPod, - it is like mine and I LOVE mine too!

    Good luck for weigh-in!

    ReplyDelete