Friday, February 19, 2010

Perfect 10 Update

Perfect 10 Challenge Update

1) I am going to try at least one new fitness activity every week... even if it is just a new piece of equipment at the gym or some group exercise class.

I was at a loss for what to try this week. I was on my long stretch of hours at work and no class fit into my schedule and I tried every piece of cardio equipment at the Y. On a trip to the local Walmart to buy cat food and garbage bags I started flipping through $5 DVD's and found a Billy Blanks Tae Bo. I remember this being really popular for a while so I decide cardio kick boxing would be my new work out this week. I put the DVD into the player and made it through without much trouble at all. I doubt I will use this DVD often or maybe not at all, didn't really enjoy the workout but I worked up a good sweat and got in an hour of cardio.

2) I am going to workout a minimum of 4 hours each week... even when I work everyday.

I got in one run , two zumba classes, time with the personal trainer, and one hour of Tae Bo. Total hours 5.

3) I will lose at least 10 pounds.

Didn't weigh myself.

And lastly the thing you might not know about me...
I cry really easily... reading a story, listening to a song, watching commercials, I just start crying. I would guess that most people I know don't know that about me because I seldom cry in front of people (unless you include from laughter). I avoid situations where I am going to cry including going to see sad movies. When I went to see "I Am Legend" (um... spoiler alert ahead) I started sobbing like a baby when the dog died, so much so that a guy sitting three seats down from me leaned over and asked if I was going to be okay.

6 comments:

  1. I cried the other day when I slammed the car door shut on my finger...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you cry, I will start crying. It's embarrassing sometimes, isn't it?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cry over everything!! I'm such a sap :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cry when my kids cry. Not exactly tough, am I?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am exactly the same way when it comes to crying. I can't even watch Christmas commercials without shedding a tear! The Hallmark ornament commercials are the worst, lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cry all the time, must drive my boyfriend nuts!

    Well done on the five hour work out total! Nice to exceed a goal!

    ReplyDelete