Thursday, February 4, 2010

Mile marker 250



Today I was feeling the after effects of strength training... my legs protested every time I tried to stand up or sit down. I decided to skip Zumba and opted for a run to get in my hour of cardio today. Thanks to the endorphin fueled runners high it was the only hour today that my legs felt really good. But that isn't what this post is about... at the end of my run I took my ipod out of my pocket and scrolled down to "End Workout." If any of you have the Nike+ ipod attachment you know they have famous athletes give you a little "good job" at the end of a workout that was a personal best (distance, time, duration, whatever). Today I was not expecting any kudos from one of these athletes because my run was nothing special. I was surprised when Lance Armstrong's voice came through my headphones and congratulated me on running 250 miles.What is more I don't always use my ipod when I run so I have actually run further than 250 in the past 6 months.

I have run over 250 miles! That is like running from my little town in Northeast Wisconsin to Chicago. If you had told me at this time last year that I would run 250 miles I would have called you insane.

Sometimes you surprise even yourself.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go! You are amazing girl, keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so great! Lance Armstrong, no less :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool! I didn't know the Nike+ did that - I just bought one with the sportsband (as I don't run with tunes) and will be testing it out this weekend. I can't imagine hitting 250 miles - you are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete