Sunday, October 25, 2009

Weigh-in Day

I must say I have been a terrible blogger lately. I haven't posted since Monday but I have been reading - I promise. I have just had some things (unrelated to weight) on my mind this week. A couple weeks ago I, quite accidentally, came across a job posting for a position I think I would really like but it would involve moving to an even smaller, more northern town. I thought about it for about 1/2 a day and decided to apply anyway... hey maybe they wouldn't even call and then at least I can say I tried. Well this week they called for an interview. Just to set the scene; I enjoyed living in the city and I hadn't planned on moving back to the "North Woods" of Wisconsin but things just happened that way. Really, I am perfectly happy here and I don't regret trading concerts and vegetarian restaurants for more time with my family. Right now I don't see much of a trade off in moving further north. I told one of my Milwaukee friends about the job and he asked, "There is something north of you besides Canada?" I go back and forth between praying I don't get the job and excitement about having a different job (aka making more $).

Anyway, that is what has been on my mind while I was MIA this week just to reassure anyone who suspected I was elbow deep in a turtle cheesecake or something like that.

This weeks weigh-in was good... 209.8, a 3.8 pound loss.

Next week I am going to Milwaukee for Halloween. Hopefully I can keep up the diet over Halloween.

Hot 100 goals are still going strong... only 9.8 pounds to go before I weigh less than 200, that's exciting!
I am planning on running 4.5 miles again this week but am planning an increase to 5 miles next week. 6.2 miles here I come!

6 comments:

  1. Hey, that's wonderful! My gosh, seems like it was just yesterday you were in the 250s. We need updated pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! You're almost *ONE*derland! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you good thoughts re job position and decision process. I am curious to know how your 4.5 miler goes. And....yes...less than 10 pounds to onederland is excellent, indeed. Well done! Keep being strong and moving ahead...you are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. RCA, I wish you the best in your decision. Those types of decisions are always tough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so close to one-derland!! Good for you!
    That should motivate you to get through Halloween!
    Your running is amazing. I hope I can get to that point!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are like a machine! Keep up the great work! I know you will make the right decision with the job, things always work out the way the are intended :-)

    ReplyDelete