Monday, November 2, 2009

Weigh-in Monday

On "The Biggest Loser" everyone has those weeks when you step on the scale and the number is much higher than you would like... and often higher than you deserve. They stand on the scale and shake their heads saying, "I don't know what I did wrong." This morning I weighed in a day late because I was away for the weekend. When I stood on the scale it showed a one pound loss. I would like to say I could stand on the scale and shake my head like a Biggest Loser contestant but in reality I knew I wouldn't lose much this week for a couple reasons. First, planned exercise was detoured twice once to watch my niece (totally worth it) and the second time for a job interview (not sure if it was worth it yet). Secondly, I went out to eat with a work friend once this week and went out to eat twice this weekend. Lastly, it was Halloween and I did have a Reese's Peanut Butter cup from the Trick-or-Treater stash. On the positive side while I was away this weekend I got up earlier than my friend on both days and set my ipod to count down 5 miles. So I was away for the weekend but I made sure I kept up with my workouts even though we had a couple late nights. Also, I think I am getting better about ordering at restaurants and making healthier choices without even thinking much about it. All in all, when I got on the scale this morning I knew I wouldn't see a four pound lose this week and in reality I don't feel bad about losing one pound... I actually think it was a pretty successful week.

The Hot 100 goals are still going along well... However this week I am working days and I think I might do shorter runs because I have some new speed interval music I downloaded because I want to improve my pace a little before the Turkey Trot run on Thanksgiving morning. More updates on running will be coming soon.

Have a good Monday!

7 comments:

  1. Hey...we all have those weigh-in moments...I did last week...no biggie, we just move forward!! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the pound! You know you are dedicated when you go away and you are still working out! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You only ate one piece of Halloween candy? I call that a victory! And losing one pound is great...I know we all compare ourselves to other bloggers AND the Biggest Loser contestants who have these tremendous weekly losses, but that isn't reality for most of us. You are doing great with this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One pound is great, especially during Halloween Week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A pound is a pound! While we all hope for more, it is still going in the right direction!

    ReplyDelete
  6. never be sad to see "just a pound go". I was looking at gaining a lb or two this week at my weigh in, I actually lost 1.4 That one lb was the happiest 1 lb I ever lost =D keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete